Kpop Fangirl/Fanboy Bucket List

February 19, 2017

When you become passionate about something, it is inevitable that you will create goals to create progress with whatever that thing is. This thing may be a skill you want to master, an ideal job you want to pursue, or your dream travel destination. For me, one of my passion (if it isn't obvious enough), is fangirling over Kpop.

I've mentioned some blog posts ago that fangirling over Kpop is not just a pastime for me; it has become a lifestyle. It is a lifestyle driven by my interest on different cultures, foreign languages, and getting motivation from hardworking (and fine, good looking!) Kpop groups. As I get inspiration from my fangirling sessions, I have also written a Kpop fangirl/fanboy bucket list (#fangirlgoals) that push me further to work hard, save money, travel, and just really live life to the fullest!

I have arranged this bucket list from the easiest one to achieve vs. the most difficult one (for me)! Do we have the same Kpop fangirl/fanboy goals? ;)

[x] Buy an official/original Kpop album


So it's pretty obvious who my ultimate bias group is... I do have 2 B1A4 albums and an FTISLAND though (not in photo)!

A part of supporting my favorite group is through buying their official albums. I join group orders so that my purchase will be included in the album's first week sales -- which is important for the Kpop group to win in music shows for that specific comeback. It's a complicated process if you're not a Kpop fan... so I might have to create a separate entry for that :P

The point is, if you're an international fan, buying physical albums is one of the biggest forms of support you can give to your faves. Kpop albums are always worth it as well because these CDs often come with a photo book, a photo card, a Genie streaming pass (well, for GOT7 albums!) and the designs are always executed in a creative way. Kpop albums can be pricier than other physical albums, especially if you're buying it straight from South Korea because of the additional customs and shipping fees. 

Not exactly a physical album but I also have GOT7's 1st Anniversary Official DVD and a DVD from a Jinyoung photo book I bought (fanmade)!


[ ] Join the official fandom of your favorite group

Next to buying physical albums, joining the official fandom of your favorite should be quite easy. For the IGOT7 Official Fan Club, you can just apply online and all transactions would be online as well. Membership fees for international fans will be more expensive though because of the shipping fees of the membership kit. I kept on putting this off before which resulted to my missing the application deadline. I will join GOT7's Official Fan Club this year -- mark my words!

[x] Watch my favorite Kpop groups perform live



This is definitely every fan's dream because swooning over our faves via our laptop screens is not enough! WE HAVE TO SEE THEM PERFORM LIVE! Thankfully, I have already been to 4 Kpop-related events: B1A4's Roadtrip to Manila last September 2014, 6th Kpop Convention in the Philippines (with GOT7 and Sistar!) last December 2014, GOT7's 1st Fanmeeting in the Philippines last November 2015, and FLIGHT LOG: TURBULENCE in Manila last December 2016!

[x]  Have a photo with my favorite Kpop groups


 KCON6 2014! Look at how I was tiptoe-ing to get as close to Jinyoung as possible lol

I have already checked this off my bucket list last 2014 when I had a photo with GOT7 from KCON6! I was also able to hold Jinyoung's hand that time!! I'm suddenly feeling so emo because at that time, GOT7 wasn't even a year old yet and their fanbase here in Manila was not as big as it is right now. I am proud that I've been an IGOT7/Ahgase since their debut and I've seen their journey from the start. /ok GOT7 emo session over/


GOT7 1st Fanmeeting in Manila 2015. Jinyoung was behind me and I literally went speechless in front of him! 

I was also able to have a photo with GOT7 (duh!) again last 2015 when they had their first fanmeeting here in Manila. I chose photo op over hi-touch because I wanted to immortalize the memory. I was also lucky enough to be seated near Jinyoung (see also: Jinyoung is literally behind me! *happy cry!*). 

For GOT7's latest fanmeeting in Manila, I got the hi-touch option... which I didn't really mind because I got to hi-5 all seven members of my ultimate bias group!

[x] Travel to Seoul





Yes, a huge part of why a fangirl/fanboy wants to go to South Korea is to explore the country where our bias groups are living. This also involves practicing our Korean skills, immersing ourselves in Korean culture, buying merchandise (so much cheaper there!) and of course, visiting entertainment agencies! There's also that hope of seeing our idols during our stay there!

[  ] Attend my favorite group's concert/anniversary fan meeting in Seoul

Aside from cheaper tickets in Seoul, Kpop fans say that it's an entirely different experience when you attend a concert/fan meeting of your favorite group in their home country. I would like to have that one of a kind experience so this is one of the goals I am aiming to check off my bucket list within the year/early next (it's up to GOT7's schedule actually lol!).

[  ] Attend a music show in Seoul during my favorite group's comeback period

Nearest experience to attending a music show... waiting outside the building and watching out for Kpop idols^^

As an international fan, this may be difficult as you can't just book a flight to South Korea once it's confirmed that your favorites will be having a comeback. Comeback announcements usually happen just a month before the actual comeback period and a month may be too short of a time to prepare for a South Korea trip. I was just lucky when I went to South Korea last April 2016 because GOT7 was promoting that time! And to think I booked that flight 7 months before the trip :o I still didn't see GOT7 though, despite my numerous attempts!

Getting in a music show event is also difficult on its own! You'll have to line up and compete with other fans as these shows have a quota on the number of fans per fandom that they'll allow to watch the live recording :(

[  ] Attend a fansigning event in South Korea

Attending a fansigning event of my favorite group is the most difficult goal on my list because it will entail lots of money! Correct me if I'm wrong but for a fan to be able to enter a fansigning event, s/he should buy a lot of physical albums for him/her to have higher chances to actually attend said event. This is apart from an international fan's travel expenses!! Fansignings, though, are one of the events where you can directly talk to your faves so *Bambam voice* yaaaaas, this is still a must-have on the list! Gotta save that money! Or you can always organize group orders for the album :D

There you go! 8 goals on my Kpop fan bucket list so far. 4 down, 4 to go! How about you? How many goals have you checked off this list? :D

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi! I've been looking for blogs/posts about fangirls traveling to Seoul. Saw your photo of GOT7's albums and knew immediately that you're an Ahgase!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janica! Yes I'm an Ahgase!! Are you an Ahgase too? :) I actually have a blog post on my trip to Seoul where I went to the different entertainment agencies and even waited outside the SBS Inkigayo building!! :D

      Delete